February 24, 2010

Decorating the tree




Posted by Picasa
Time to Decorate the Tree
Every year I picture this peaceful time together putting up all our Christmas decorations.
You know, with 4 young kids, it never happens! :)
This year I was a little more prepared for the chaos. We got out the ornaments, the tree, broke out the Christmas music and got to work. It was fun, but crazy. Especially with a 2 year old, who wants to touch and play with EVERY ornament. I think we only suffered 2 broken ornaments and I will admit one was my fault.
We have a tradition at our house that we started with MacKenzie. Each year the kids pick out an ornament that describes them or one of their favorite things that year. It is so great to look at the ornaments from past years and see what everyone picked. This year, the kids all picked Disney ornaments. Kenzie picked a pretty tinkerbell, Zack had a crazy Stitch dressed as Elvis, Kayson picked a flashy Lightning McQueen and Jaycee picked and adorable Winnie the Pooh with Lumpy. We wrote their names on them and the date and added them to the growing collection on the tree.

No comments: